Kim Jaggers

Kim Jaggers
click here to visit Kim's website

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

is there more than hollow, chocolate bunnies?

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved
Acts 4:12

It is not politically correct to even bring it up. I might offend someone but this Easter week has to make you think. Why would a man claim to be the Son of God, and when given the chance to save his life by refuting this statement... instead walk to a cross and die a horrible death? Was He a lunatic or the Savior? Perhaps no other question is more relevant than Pilot’s “What will you do with this Jesus?” Was Jesus a liar? Was he just a good man or was He God’s only Son? Is He one of many ways to Heaven or, as He says, “the only way”. Is it even polite to ask you what you think? The more culturally acceptable way is to tell you why Christianity works for me and what I get out of it…. I should try to “sell” you on it. But the most loving thing to do might be to quit “beating around the bush”, as my Mom used to say, and just tell you the truth.

Friend, you are dying. We all are. One day you will take your last breath on this earth. Where will you spend eternity? Will you float away to nothingness? Is there an after-life? How do you get there? There are lots of theories out there. There are lots of religions but none more exclusive than Christianity. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6) According to Jesus, there is no other way – all the other religions are false, empty and leading to Hell. Jesus called Himself the Son of God and said there is one way to Heaven and eternal life – not many ways. He says He is the only Savior. 1 John 5: 12 says, “He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.” Could He be more clear?

So what are you going to do with that? What are you going to do with this Jesus? History documents His birth, His death and His words. The Bible says if you believe Him you will have eternal life and if you do not know Him…you will spend eternity in Hell. To some that may sound harsh…but for those of us who know Him and know His words to be true, the most loving thing to do is to tell you is the truth….Easter isn’t about hollow, chocolate bunnies. This weekend the world will take note and some will celebrate the act of our Savior who gave His life so we could live. Those who follow Him believe His blood sacrifice is the only atonement for our sins and the only way we can be near a Holy God in Heaven. Jesus offers life and life more abundantly (John 10:10) but this life can be found in no other name than Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12). The question is…do you believe Him?

Oh God, I cannot know you or approach your throne in prayer except by the blood of your Son – Jesus Christ. Salvation comes from no other name. May I be keenly aware of all you have done for me when you conquered death on that cross. I trust you and you alone for my salvation. Thank you Jesus for loving me with a perfect, unending love. May I live my life to point others to You. There is no other way. You are the truth and the life – may I follow you all the days of my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment