Kim Jaggers

Kim Jaggers
click here to visit Kim's website

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Freedom not Confusion

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

“Mom, they said if you get your puberty, you are supposed to tell the school nurse immediately”. My daughter had just seen the 5th grade, “boys-in-one-room-girls–in-another” movie and felt quite confident of her understanding of the material. I chuckled to myself at her confusion over just “what about puberty” might necessitate a trip to the school nurse. We all laugh at silly mistakes and confusion… but there are certain things about which we simply cannot remain confused if we want life and peace. It is for freedom that Christ has set us free (Gal 5:1). This freedom is for now …not just later in Heaven. When we understand we are free from the penalty of sin and exercise the authority given to us as our inheritance (Eph 1:18-22) we experience true freedom. This freedom is ours because of what Christ did for us… not what we have done. Since we didn’t earn it… we can’t lose it. We have been declared “righteous”… this isn’t who we are becoming… this is who we are now and we need to clearly understand all it means. God’s truth sets us free--not our emotions or our feelings. When we know who we are in Christ … we can walk in it, enjoy life, rest in peace and have hope.

Do you know who you are? Are you enjoying all it means? God is withholding nothing from you. Read this excerpt from His Passion Ministries:

Since I am in Christ, By the Grace of God…I am now acceptable to God (justified) and completely forgiven. I live in peace with Him (Romans 5:1). The sinful person I used to be died with Christ, and sin no longer rules my life (Romans 6:1-6). I am free from the punishment (condemnation) my sin deserves (Romans 8:1). I have been placed in Christ by God’s doing (I Cor 1:30). I have received God ‘s Spirit in my life. I can recognize the blessings He has given me (I Cor 2:12). I have been given the mind of Christ. He gives me His wisdom to make the right choices (I Cor 2:16). I have been bought with a price; I am not my own; I belong to God (I Cor 6:19,20). I am God’s possession, chosen and secure in Him (sealed). I have been given the Holy Spirit as a promise of my inheritance to come (2 Cor 1:21,22; Eph 1:13,14). Since I have died, I no longer live for myself but for Christ (2 Cor 5:14,15). I have been made acceptable to God (righteous) (2 Cor 5:21).

In Christ, you are significant, accepted and secure. You are His bride and you are beautiful to Him (Rev 21:2). You are precious to God and whoever touches you touches the apple of His eye (Zech 2:8). This is truth. The enemy will try to confuse you and tell you just the opposite…take these thoughts captive and refute them (2 Cor 10:5). Read the Bible—God’s love letter to you, know who you are, walk in it and enjoy all it means.

Prayer: God, it blows my mind that you chose to die for me and that your blood makes me Holy. You require nothing but my acceptance of this free gift. Help me to understand who I am because of what you have done. Help me to enjoy this freedom that you have freely given to me. Give me spiritual wisdom and understanding to know truth and refute the lies of the enemy and enjoy all you have for me. I love you Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment