Kim Jaggers

Kim Jaggers
click here to visit Kim's website

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"Mommy, You Grumpy"

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Psalm 90:14

When Ben was little he used to remark “Mommy you grumpy. You not do your Bible Study today?” Funny but true, my entire mood was closely tied to the time I spent with my Savior in the morning. To this day, the same is still true…I need Jesus everyday! My daily level of satisfaction and joy is directly tied to my intentional desire to be surrendered in time and obedience to my Lord. When I meet with Him, He fills every empty place. His guidance is spot-on. His love is unfailing. He and He alone is my rock so when hard times come… I don’t fall apart. He is my confidence to say “no” to temptation. He is my merciful Savior who forgives me when I fail. He is my joy that makes every day better. He is everything to me.

As I have spent time with my Savior over the years, I am increasingly convinced of His desire is to satisfy us. He is living water and she who drinks from him will never grow thirsty again (John 4:13). Yet, I see many Christians who remain unsatisfied … though few would rarely admit it. In each case, I notice a lack of complete surrender of every area of their lives to Jesus and it is these areas that remain their source of dissatisfaction. For some, that lack of surrender is in an area of sin. For others it is simply a lack of surrender of time spent daily with the Savior being refreshed with His Living Water.

I wonder… are you satisfied? Only when you daily surrender every area of your life to Jesus will you find freedom, satisfaction and joy. Our Savior is all about real, run-to-Him, daily relationship. He is personal. He wants us to enjoy His goodness here in the land of the living (Psalm 27:13) but it requires that we “drink of Him” daily and allow His Living Water to permeate every facet of our lives….only then will we be truly satisfied, “sing for joy and be glad all our days”.

Prayer: Oh Jesus, I love You. I want You every day. Search me—even the deep things and show me any area that I am holding back from You. I know satisfaction is found in you alone and in a daily surrender of everything to You. Help me to follow You. Help me to enjoy Your presence. Real, lasting satisfaction can be found in nothing else but You. Oh Lord help me make time with you a priority. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment