Kim Jaggers

Kim Jaggers
click here to visit Kim's website

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Strength in the Storm

Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble and he brought them out of their distress. He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed.
Psalm 107:28-29


“Life is hard. We have an enemy. May I daily cling to the Living God who has already won the victory.” I often say this to myself when the sadness of life seems to be overwhelming. When I say “Jesus is hope”… He really is. He is get-you through-the-day-hope. He keeps me going. His Word is truth and it is strength for the storm. Some days I can joyfully feel His presence and clearly see His victorious hand. But there are the other days… where the pain and sadness of life are overwhelming—almost choking. There are days when the bad news far outweighs the good and I cannot see God’s hand. It is on these days that I cling to God’s heart and all I know to be true about Him. I know God brings beauty from ashes over and over and I know one day our tears will be no more. I know God is working it all to good. I know He is healer and redeemer. There is comfort there and there is strength to go on.

I don’t know what road you are walking but I know with Whom you should be walking. Life is indeed hard. We have a very real enemy. Are you daily clinging to the Living God who has already won the victory? He will never leave you. He will never forsake you. His thoughts toward you are all good and He and He alone can take what Satan intended for evil and bring good.

Father – I love you. I need you. You are my comforter and healer. May I cling to you and stay under the shelter of your wing. Thank you for your Word which is truth and strength. Thank you for being the solid rock in a crazy world. Help me to walk with you all of my days and point others to you on this journey home. Amen.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment