Kim Jaggers

Kim Jaggers
click here to visit Kim's website

Thursday, March 18, 2010

He has everything... but wants me

If we are faithless, 
He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.
2 Tim 2:13

If we could fathom the smallest sliver of the truth of it… we would be blown away. Sometimes I feel it when I am caught up in a praise song at church. I read about it every day in my Bible. I look back on my life and I know it to be completely true. God loves me with a deep, wide, unending, perfect love. Words on a page are incredibly inadequate to describe His love. He knows my every wicked thought and every self-centered deed yet His love for me compelled Him to leave His throne in Heaven to bare my ugly sin on a horrible cross. He was mocked, bloodied and beaten yet His eyes remained steadfastly on me. His desire is to be with me, and not just for a time, but for all eternity.

Yet, I have often forsaken Him and forgotten Him – caught up in the cares of this world. I repeatedly fail Him but He has never failed me. Instead, He sings over me (Zeph 3:17). He calls me the apple of His eye (Deut 32:10). He tells me He will never leave me nor forsake me (Deut 31:8). He forgives me over and over and He gently leads me to what is best for me (Isa 40:11). He never stops thinking of me (Isa 49:15). His plans for me are all good—better than I could ask or imagine (Eph 3:20). He is my powerful helper – the maker of Heaven and Earth (Ps 121:2). His actions towards me are completely good (Ps 119:68). He cradles me in His love and binds up my broken heart—giving me freedom instead of despair (Isa 61). Nothing…no one, no power, not even death can separate me from His love (Rom 8:38-39). He says even if I am faithless – He will remain faithful (2 Tim 2:13). How can I describe or understand this kind of love? It blows me away.

I cannot fathom that a God who has everything wants me. I am His desire and He knows I will never be truly His from “have to” or “supposed to”. He knows religion and empty rules of men will never cause me to love Him. He wants my heart. He desires my love and it is His love that causes me to love Him. I want to be with Him and follow Him because I am deeply in love with Him. His love fills me up. His love is my security. He is my comfort. He is strength in the storm. He alone completely satisfies me. And friend, He wants to satisfy you. His loving arms are open wide and His desire is for you. Does that blow you away?

Father, I know I can never fully understand the depths of your love. Thank you for loving me. Help me to love you with all my heart, all my mind and all my strength. Thank you for always pursuing me. Draw me closer to you and help me to follow you all the days of my life. I know you are leading me to your loving arms and one day my eyes will behold what my mind can only imagine. I love you Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment