Kim Jaggers

Kim Jaggers
click here to visit Kim's website

Monday, November 8, 2010

Too tired to pray?... it is okay

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
Rom 8:26

I’ve been sick. I woke up aching and my to-do list is a mile long. I felt overwhelmed, stressed and really in need of a good cry. I sat down with my Bible with a desire to crawl up in my Father’s lap. My Scripture reading for the day and an email I just received included Romans 8:26 (wait, did you get that?… already the same verse twice by 5:30 am!) : In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. When I am weak, confused, conflicted, overwhelmed, when I don’t know what to pray, when I am too tired to pray…Jesus is praying for me and I can rest assured that He knows exactly what I need. Yes, He wants me to seek Him and His ways with all my heart (Deut 4:29)… but He also tells me to cast ALL my anxiety on Him because He cares for me (I Pet 5:7). Jesus is constantly interceding for us with God because He loves us so much and nothing (including our feelings, worries or exhaustion) can separate us from this love and this constant prayer (Rom 8:34-35).

I don’t know what my day will hold but I know God goes before me and the Holy Spirit is constantly praying for me. Not only that, God says He will encourage my heart (2 Thess 2:17) and strengthen my feeble arms and weak knees (Heb 12:12). And unlike the remedies of the world, God’s help is constant. He tells me He is refuge and strength and an ever-present help in time of trouble (Ps 46:1). I have no reason to doubt this because His Word tells me in Num 23:19 God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? There is power and there is rest in our Savior and I am very sure He can more- than-handle all that troubles me in this day…and He can handle what troubles you.

Oh Father, I am tired and worries surround me. I don’t even know how to begin to pray… but You are already praying and You see all that lies ahead. Oh Lord you tell me to cast all my burdens on You. Your power is made perfect in my weakness. Thank you for loving me with a constant, patient love. Thank you for being my ever-present help in times of trouble. I love You Lord. May I rest in You in this day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment