Kim Jaggers

Kim Jaggers
click here to visit Kim's website

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Red Convertible

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
I Pet 1:6-9

The preacher said “We don’t own anything--we are all just stewards.” My next, deep, spiritual thought was “Lord, I would like to be the steward of a red convertible.” But the ever-patient voice in my spirit seemed to whisper “I gave you something better. I let you walk the hard road and it was there that you found My best.” I knew it was true. I would have never known God and His peace apart from the hard road He has allowed me to walk and I also know He only allowed me to walk it in order to bring a blessing that I couldn’t see or would have been too afraid to have chosen for myself.

The great preacher-teacher and author of “My Utmost for His Highest” Oswald Chambers says “As soon as you begin to live the life of faith in God, fascinating and luxurious prospects will open up before you, and these things are yours by right; but if you are living the life of faith you will exercise your right to waive your rights and let God choose for you.” He goes on to explain that “This is the discipline by means of which the natural is transformed into the spiritual by obedience to the voice of God.” Simple, Southern girl translation ---When we turn over the control of our lives to God and obey Him, He will bring a bouquet of blessings that we will never find by controlling things ourselves. When we surrender control, the spirit conquers the flesh – fear becomes trust, worry becomes peace, desperation becomes hope.

Holding on to this truth has kept me going during the hard times of life….because I know I am holding on with hope. So many times I have said to myself: “I would have chosen this (easier road) but God must have something better that I can’t see yet. He can bring good from this hard.” I am so thankful to follow our good God who sees all, who knows all, who is working it all to good and who loves me with a perfect, unending, amazing, sustaining love….His blessings are exceedingly, abundantly better than anything I could have chosen for myself.

Prayer: Father, I am flesh and I am a chicken… but with you I can walk the hard roads with hope and to victory. I know I am precious to You and if You allow something hard to come into my life – You have a good reason. Sometimes, I may get to see the reason and sometimes I may never know… but I trust you, I cling to you for you are hope, peace and joy! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment