Kim Jaggers

Kim Jaggers
click here to visit Kim's website

Saturday, April 17, 2010

he knows your "thing"

In the LORD alone are righteousness and strength
Isaiah 45:24


Can I just tell you “he knows your thing”? He knows my “thing” too. I may not even know my “thing”… but he knows it. He has been watching me all my life and he knows my weakness. He knows just where to hit me to hurt me. He knows where I might fall to temptation and “he” is our enemy. He is the evil one and we absolutely must be on guard. He does not fight fair. Nothing is off limits and his desire is to steal and kill and destroy. We have to be on guard. We have to prayerfully ask ourselves “Where am I weak? Where is there insecurity? Where is there a hurt to be exploited? Where is there pride? Where have I cracked the door to compromise…even just a little? What area of my life have I not fully surrendered to Jesus Christ?” Whatever this may be… rest assured, this area has a bull’s eye on it for the enemy.

Sometimes it is easy to see other’s “thing”. When they fall we are often tempted to say “I saw that coming” and take pride that we would “never do that”. Yet, just because their “thing” isn’t our “thing” doesn’t’ mean we don’t have a “thing”. Instead of pointing out others “things” we should consider asking other Christians what our “thing” might be. We need to remember “In the LORD alone are righteous and strength” (Isa 45:24). There is much to be gained when we ask God to show us our “thing” rather than focus on others “things”. When He does, we can trust it is for our good. God will help us guard our lives so the enemy will not have his way with us.

Prayer: Father, thank you for loving me. I can approach your throne because of your righteousness not my own. Please help me to be on guard against the enemy. Please show me any area of vulnerability in my life. Help me to confess and remove sin and help me to see areas ripe for attack. Thank you for never leading me into temptation but for delivering me from the evil one. Thank you for being tempted in every way but never sinning. Thank you for shedding your blood for me and not leaving me alone to face the evil one… you alone are righteousness and strength. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment